- Approximately 50% of all reported illness at work is some form of Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD).
- Around 1.2 million U.K. workers experience work-related MSDs annually.
- Over 180 million workdays are lost each year through back pain and Repetitive Strain Injury (R.S.I.)
- One in fifty workers are suffering from symptoms of R.S.I.
Timely and appropriate osteopathic care offers a valuable solution to the costs and misery arising from musculoskeletal conditions such as R.S.I.and back pain.
If your work is at a computer terminal or in heavy industry, it can easily give rise to pain and injury. For example, muscles, ligaments and joints, particularly in the back, hands and arms can become a source of pain. Martin Davies Osteopaths treat many conditions related to the work place and can offer remedial advice and preventative exercises.
- Back pain results in over 80 million days off work
- 80% of people will be affected by back pain at some point in their lives
- Back problems occur equally in sedentary work and manual work
- Back problems create 7 million vists to the GP
- Most are in the 16-44 age range
- 33,000 back accidents are related to the workplace
- Problems reoccur in 80% of the cases
- 80% of VDU workers have back problems
According to a recent report, Osteopathy is the most widely used complementary therapy, with nearly 90% of patients reporting their condition improved by Osteopathic treatment.
For further information on how Martin Davies Osteopaths can help your company and employees please contact us via our “Contact Us” page.